The Multiple Learning Experiences (MLEx™) Model | Teaching & Learning as Acts of Engagement
Wednesday, 10 June 2015
Before we recommend an instructional model to be adopted in schools, we need to be clear on two things:
- What is the purpose of education?
- What constitutes learning?
Of course, views differ on what constitutes the purpose of education. But here is what we believe:
- Education must provide students with the tools for thinking, problem- solving and creating new things
- It must encourage them to question what is being taught
- It must inculcate in students a certain sense of social justice.
- It must provide students with the ability to be sensitive to gender, social and cultural differences.
- It must leave them with the hunger to continue learning through life.
To read the full white paper, download the PDF version by clicking on the link below.