TATA has always been values-driven. The five core values that underpin the way we conduct our business activities are:
- Unity – We must work cohesively with our colleagues across the group, and with our customers and partners around the world, building strong relationships based on tolerance, understanding and mutual cooperation.
- Integrity– We must conduct our business fairly, with honesty and transparency. Everything we do must stand the test of public scrutiny.
- Responsibility – We must continue to be responsible and sensitive to the countries, communities and environments in which we work, always ensuring that what comes from the people goes back to the people many times over.
- Understanding – We must be caring, show respect, compassion and humanity for our colleagues and customers around the world, and always work for the benefit of the communities we serve.
- Excellence – We must constantly strive to achieve the highest possible standards in our day-to-day work and in the quality of the goods and services we provide.
A Tata company’s management practices and business conduct shall benefit the country, localities and communities in which it operates, to the extent possible and affordable, and shall be in accordance with the laws of the land.
A Tata company, in the course of its business activities, shall respect the culture, customs and traditions of each country and region in which it operates. It shall conform to trade procedures, including licensing, documentation and other necessary formalities, as applicable.
OUR CORE PRINCIPLES
The Tata philosophy of management has always been, and is today more than ever, that corporate enterprises must be managed not merely in the interests of their owners, but equally in those of their employees, of the consumers of their products, of the local community and finally of the country as a whole.
1 : We are committed to operating our businesses conforming to the highest moral and ethical
standards. We do not tolerate bribery or corruption in any form. This commitment underpins everything that we do.
2 : We are committed to good corporate citizenship. We treat social development
activities which benefit the communities in which we operate as an integral part of our business plan.
3 : We seek to contribute to the economic development of the communities of the countries and regions we operate in, while respecting their culture, norms and heritage. We seek to avoid any project or activity that is detrimental to the wider interests of the communities in which we operate.
4 : We shall not compromise safety in the pursuit of commercial advantage. We shall strive to provide a safe, healthy and clean working environment for our employees and all those who work with us.
5 : When representing our company, we shall act with professionalism, honesty and integrity, and conform to the highest moral and ethical standards. In the countries we operate in, we shall exhibit culturally appropriate behaviour. Our conduct shall be fair and transparent and be perceived as fair and transparent by third parties.
6 : We shall respect the human rights and dignity of all our stakeholders.
7 : We shall strive to balance the interests of our stakeholders, treating each of them fairly and avoiding unfair discrimination of any kind.
8 : The statements that we make to our stakeholders shall be truthful and made in good faith.
9 : We shall not engage in any restrictive or unfair trade practices.
10 : We shall provide avenues for our stakeholders to raise concerns or queries in good faith, or report instances of actual or percei vedviolations of our Code.
11 : We shall strive to create an environment free from fear of retribution to deal with concerns that are raised or cases reported in good faith. No one shall be punished or made to suffer for raising concerns or making disclosures in good faith or in the public interest.
12 : We expect the leaders of our businesses to demonstrate their commitment to the ethical standards set out in this Code through their own behaviour and by establishing appropriate processes within their companies.
13 : We shall comply with the laws of the countries in which we operate and any other laws which apply to us. With regard to those provisions of the Code that are explicitly dealt with under an applicable law or employment terms, the law and those terms shall take precedence. In the event that the standards prescribed under any applicable law are lower than that of the Code, we shall conduct ourselves as per the provisions of the Code.